History

The founder of Arps & zoon drukkerij was Bernardus Arps, who began his company in Culembourg in 1860.

The next phase was to move the company in 1871 to the Groote Markt in Rotterdam.

The two following generations, both of them Gerardus Christiaan Arps, ensured the company's expansion. Sad to say, during the infamous days in May 1940 when Rotterdam was bombed, the company was completely destroyed.

It was rebuilt, this time located on the Schiekade in Rotterdam. The fourth generation, Willem Arps, moved the printing business in 1981 to its present building in the Alexanderpolder.

In the mean time, the printing preparation has grown into a full pre-press division, which not only deals with 'press' but also encompasses all the latest developments on the digital highway.

The printing business is also permanently being up-dated, so that it can respond with maximum speed to client wishes such as quality, efficiency and delivery time. The management treats environmental aspects with great respect and care. At present time with the fifth generation, Arps & zoon drukkerijen uses professional skills and high motivation to increase its reputation as a provider of graphic services.

By Royal appointment Purveyor to the Royal Household